Furniture Sales Associate/Stock Person
We are looking for a reliable retail sales associate with the ability to make our customers feel valued. In addition, the position requires, receiving deliveries, regularly unpack and assemble furniture, move and load merchandise, and tag inventory. Requires physical ability to lift and move items up to 100lbs, ability to stand, twist, squat, and bend for long periods of time. Interior design experience a plus.
- Welcome customers and offer them assistance.
- Educate customer on the differences in our products and offer appropriate suggestions and opinions.
- Use POS system to check out customers
- Receive/unload furniture deliveries.
- Continually maintain and replenish stock on floor.
- Keep showroom neat and clean.
- Assist in loading furniture into customer's vehicles.
- Maintain storage areas cleanliness and organization.
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly customer service attitude
- Punctual and reliable!
- 21+ years old with reliable transportation and valid SC driver's license.
- Work efficiently and independently, ability to carry out daily duties with limited supervision.
- Drug test and background check (NO FELONIES) on final candidate.
- No smoking, drug and alcohol free during working hours.
- Ability to lift items up to 100 lbs.
- Wednesday 9am-6pm
- Thursday 10am-6pm
- Friday 10am-6pm
- Saturday 9am-6pm
- Sunday 11am-5pm
- The most important skill a potential candidate can bring to the table is a strong focus on customer service. Prior knowledge or experience is great but not necessary - a willingness to learn is.
- Compensation: $15 to $20/hr
- Unlawful discrimination, against anyone including LGBT persons, has no place at Old Charleston Trading Company and offends the store’s core values which include a commitment to equal opportunity and inclusion.
If you meet our qualifications please e-mail resume to: email@example.com